Happy Summer! What better way to fight the heat on a warm day than an ice cream cone? Well, how about flowers? Okay, maybe flowers aren’t a great way to beat the heat, but they’re certainly beautiful. How fun would it be to combine ice cream and flowers? Well, now you can! In this blog I’ll be teaching you how to create a beautiful bouquet that mimics the look of a delicious ice cream treat! Crafting this beautiful creation is easier than you may think, and all the supplies can easily be found in the comfort of your home.
What you need:
- -Waffle cones
- -Glue gun
- -Styrofoam spheres (you can find these at Michaels, or Joann Fabrics)
- -Flowers of your liking (I recommend baby’s breath, greenery and flowers on the smaller side that are light and airy!)
- -Waffle cone sleeves
- -Ribbon (optional)
- You’re going to want to find a waffle cone that fits the size bouquet that you desire. Whether you want a bouquet that is smaller or larger, this is up to you. Remember, the smaller the cone the less flowers to work with. If you have a specific bouquet idea in mind, account for the size of it and what size cones you’ll be purchasing!
- Next, place a Styrofoam sphere into the cone (make sure it’s small enough to nestle in the bottom of the cone and you won’t be able to see it peeking out!) Once you have your Styrofoam in the cone, place some hot glue on its sides of the sphere and nestle it back in the cone and wait for it to dry. The Styrofoam will be used as a base for you to stick your flowers into. Remember, we’re using hot glue! If you’re planning on doing this with younger kids, make sure an adult is using the glue gun.
- Once you have your cone assembled, here comes the fun part! Take the flowers of your choosing. I recommend not using any large flowers like roses, hibiscus, or lilies. They take away from the actual “ice cream cone” and they’re simply too large sometimes. If you want to use roses, utilize mini roses instead! Some flowers that I recommend: baby’s breath, daisies, micro poms, greenery, and mini carnations. Of course, it’s completely up to you. There are no limitations to this bouquet!
- Once you’ve chosen your flowers, stick the stems into the Styrofoam sphere! If this is proving to be difficult, take a push pin or paper clip and poke a hole where the stem would go. Once you’ve created a shape that you like, it’s time to make the finishing touches. Like I said, this bouquet is completely up to you but if you’re struggling a bit, I made a guide for bouquet creation: Click Here!
- After you’ve completed your bouquet, place the cone into an ice cream sleeve (see the link below!) If you’re feeling super crafty, add a cute ribbon around the cone.
The days are getting shorter, nights are longer, and the air is much colder. This time of year can be tough, but we have a way to bring some color to your home! At Price Chopper and Market 32, we take pride in our beautiful floral department and have incredibly talented teammates that are readily available for assistance.
We have a wide variety of flowers and colors available year-round, including Pompons, Poinsettias, Sunflowers, Roses, Bouquets, and much more. Whether you are celebrating the holidays, a birthday, anniversary, or another milestone, these flowers also make for the perfect gift. With the proper care, our flowers last for a couple weeks at a time and are sure to bring some happiness to your home this winter season!
We have an array of pompons in our floral section. Colors include purple, lavender, yellow, pink, white, green, and tie-dye. Interestingly, pompons bloom in various forms. Some can resemble daisies and others can look like buttons. They are the second most-sold flower worldwide, only outsold by roses. Be sure to stop in today for your fresh bunch of poms!
Show your love this holiday season with a fresh bouquet of roses! Did you know that we also sell single roses? Well, now you do! Stop by your local Price Chopper and Market 32 and be sure to check out our beautiful rose options with varying colors.
We have stunning bouquets that can be given for any occasion, or just to add some joy in your home. If you cannot find what you are looking for, our florists can create custom bouquets as well.