Policy effective July 6, 2022
Your participation in or use of any of the Sites and Apps, including Price Chopper’s AdvantEdge Card Program, confirms your agreement to this Policy and your consent to the use, collection, processing, and disclosures of your Personal Information as referenced in this Policy.
Collection and Use of Information
We may collect information from a variety of sources in operating the Sites and Apps, carrying out our business, complying with law, and other purposes described herein. For example, Price Chopper captures and retains information you voluntarily provide when making customer transactions in our stores and when using the Sites and Apps, such as when purchasing products (including gift cards) and using services, participating in our various sweepstakes and promotions, enrolling in our AdvantEdge Card Program, and applying for a job. This information may include personal information (“Personal Information”) about you and your family members, such as but not limited to:
- • Contact information, such as your name, mailing address, email address and telephone number
• AdvantEdge Card number
• Payment information, such as payment card number, authentication information, and other billing and account details associated with online or mobile billing
• Date of birth
• Certain household information such as the number of persons residing in your household and their ages
• If you request check-cashing privileges, your driver’s license number
• Employment information if you seek employment with us
• Medical information
• Health insurance information
• Audio, visual, and other sensory information, such as audio and video recordings
• Store geography tracking
• Marketing and communication preferences, including special accommodation requests
In general, we will use the Personal Information we collect for the purpose(s) it is collected, for compatible purposes, as permitted or required by law, as necessary to carry out our contractual obligations, and as otherwise provided in this Policy. Price Chopper may also share Personal Information and aggregated purchase data collected from customers shopping in our stores and online with selected business partners to develop digital coupons and offers, to provide marketing communications to our customers, and to enhance our business. Examples of specific ways we may use your Personal Information include:
- • Improving our customer service, the operation of our business, and the design and operation of our stores and the Sites and Apps
• Lowering costs
• Communicating with you
• Distributing coupons
• With regards to sweepstakes and other promotions
• For notifications and inclusion in various promotions or events. We may provide these communications consistent with your preferences via email, postal mail, online advertising, social media, telephone, text message (including SMS and MMS), push notifications, in-app messaging, and other means.
• Creating special merchandising and marketing programs
• Providing coupons and offers to you based on your shopping preferences
• Auditing and monitoring of transactions and engagement
• Protecting the security and integrity of our Sites and Apps and our business and premises
• Informing you of urgent product safety recalls through an automated telephone messaging system or by other means. For information about product recalls, go to https://pricechopper.com/product-recalls.
• Communicate with you for other permissible purposes, or to meet any legal or regulatory compliance.
When you visit our Sites and Apps, we may collect certain information by using technologies such as cookies, pixels or web server logs, or location services and similar technologies (collectively “Digital Means”). Price Chopper may also use Digital Means to collect data from other sites and applications within a wider network. Use of information collected by Digital Means allows Price Chopper to customize your shopping experiences and the analytic and marketing efforts facilitated by certain third parties, such as Google Analytics, Google AdWords, and other services. This enables us to evaluate the effectiveness of our shopping services and experiences, develop customized customer offerings and communications, enhance our online marketing programs, and to periodically present advertisements to you on the Sites and on the websites of others (“remarketing”). By participating in remarketing efforts, Price Chopper is better positioned to improve integration with other online advertising platforms and the accuracy of the customer data collected.
Unless manually disabled, cookies are small files used on all computers that uniquely identify your browser or store information. This information may indicate the pages you visit on our website, your web address, browser, device or hardware system, search terms and IP addresses. To disable these features, use currently available opt-outs for the web, such as the Google Analytics’ opt out function. If you choose to manually turn off the Digital Means you may restrict the services and features available on our Sites.
Security of Information
No system for safeguarding Personal Information or other information is 100% secure. However, we take a number of steps to safeguard the security of Personal Information obtained by or through the Sites and Apps. Price Chopper maintains security procedures to prevent unauthorized access to Personal Information. Personal Information is stored in a manner consistent with current recognized industry practices, and is protected by administrative, technical, and physical measures.
Disclosure of Information
We may disclose your Personal Information for the same reasons that we may use it as described in this Policy and this includes disclosing it to third parties, including our affiliates and non-affiliated entities, as we deem necessary. For instance, Price Chopper may share Personal Information and other information collected by and through your use of the Sites and Apps as described in this Policy alone or together with other information we may have about you (for example, aggregated purchase data collected from you while shopping in our stores or online) with selected business partners for purposes of enhancing our business operations, developing digital coupons and offers, and providing marketing communications to our customers.
Price Chopper may also disclose Personal Information and the other information described above to its third party vendors to manage the Sites and Apps; process payments and requests for products and services; provide you with products, services, or offers; coordinate your participation in our AdvantEdge Card or other loyalty reward programs; engage in marketing activities, such as sharing Personal Information with our partners to deliver advertisements and related communications; enhance our services by, among other methods, obtaining assistance with providing more personalized services to you through analytics and other technologies; and protecting Price Chopper’s interests and legal rights, such as through responding to subpoenas and defending litigation, or as necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of Price Chopper.
Choice to Opt Out
Price Chopper offers you the following choices to “opt out” of providing Personal Information:
- • You can always choose not to provide information when we request it.
• You may opt out of receiving promotional and any other communications from Price Chopper by so indicating on the AdvantEdge Card application.
• If you have subscribed to Price Chopper’s electronic newsletter and wish to unsubscribe, follow the simple instructions provided therein or call Price Chopper Customer Care Center at 1-800-666-7667
• If you receive other undesired communication from Price Chopper, please let us know at any store Guest Services desk, online at pricechopper.com or by phone at 1-800-666-7667, option 1, Monday – Friday 8:30am – 6:00pm and Saturday & Sunday 10:00am – 4:00pm and we will work to resolve the issue promptly.
Please note that if you opt out of providing your Personal Information or receiving communications from Price Chopper, then you will no longer be eligible to receive certain promotions selected based on customized personal data or are offered through our AdvantEdge Card program.
If you wish to review or update your Personal Information, log in to your My AdvantEdge profile on pricechopper.com
Subject to applicable law, you may have the right to request and obtain information about, or copies of, your Personal Information that we process, where we obtained your information, the business or commercial purpose for collecting your information, the third parties with whom your information is shared, and whether our source of information is publicly accessible. You may also have the right to correct your personal information, or object to its processing. Lastly, you may have the right to ask us for information about when we typically delete stored information or ask that your information not be shared with 3rd parties, or be deleted, anonymized or destroyed, depending on the situation and applicable laws.
Links and Online Services
The Sites may contain links to other websites that we do not operate or control. These links do not constitute an affiliation or endorsement by Price Chopper, and we are not responsible for the practices, content or policies of the websites we may provide links to.
Price Chopper provides Apps that can be downloaded to your smartphone or mobile device. In addition to providing the ability to use, purchase, or request our products and services, our apps may collect personal and other information that will be used or disclosed in accordance with this Policy. We provide a link to this Policy to persons prior to their downloading of any of our Apps.
If you allow our mobile Apps to access your location information on your device, our Apps may use your mobile device’s Global Positioning System (GPS) technology and other technology (such as wireless transmitters known as beacons) to provide you with information and offers based on the location of your device. Beacons allow us to collect information about your location within participating stores by communicating with mobile devices that are in range. We may use this location information to enhance your experience by delivering push notifications and other content to your mobile device, providing navigation assistance as you move around our locations, and sending you information and offers about products, services, or activities we believe may be of interest to you. We may share this information with third parties, including business partners and service providers, to provide information, offers, and services that may be of interest to you. You may prevent or limit collection of location information by changing the settings in the App, or by changing your device’s settings.
In compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, we ask that children under the age of 13 not provide any Personal Information on our websites or otherwise. Price Chopper does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13 on our websites or otherwise. If a parent or guardian believes a child has disclosed Personal Information to Price Chopper, please contact us immediately.
In the operation of our pharmacies, Price Chopper considers presentation of a prescription by the patient, or a request for a prescription refill, valid approval for the pharmacy to exercise its professional responsibilities, such as drug utilization review (DUR) and evaluation (DUE).
Price Chopper pharmacies are subject to the terms of the Notice of Privacy Practices available here.
Changes to this Policy
Price Chopper reserves the right to change this Policy at any time and from time to time. In the event this Policy is changed, we will post the date of the most recent revision at the bottom of the Policy. Changes will be effective immediately upon posting to the Sites and Apps.