Country Crock® Plant Butter is made with plant-based oils, so it has 25% less saturated fat per tablespoon serving than dairy butter. And did you know that the production of Country Crock ® Plant Butter results in less than half the carbon emissions than the production of dairy butter? That means, if everyone in the US made the switch, more than six billion pounds of CO2 a year would be saved. That’s like taking more than 1.3 million cars off the road!1
1 Sources: *Quantis Consulting perform Life Cycle Assessments (LCA) according to ISO 140140 and 14044 standards (ISO 2006a, ISO 2006b) for public disclosure of results, including and independent peer review with three independent experts.
Country Crock Plant Based
COOKS, BAKES AND TASTES LIKE BUTTER*
Substitute Country Crock® Plant Butter for dairy butter one-for-one in your favorite recipes. Dairy-free, gluten-free, and certified Plant Based by the Plant Based Foods Association, Country Crock® Plant Butter sticks cook, bake and taste like butter.*
*Tested and when used with Country Crock® Plant Butter sticks.
PREP TIME – 10m | COOK TIME – 12m. | SERVINGS – 8
- 1/2 cup Country Crock® Plant Butter with Avocado Oil Stick
- 1 1/2 cups PLUS 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 5 baking apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. ground cardamom
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 Tbsp. sanding sugar or granulated sugar
- For crust, in medium bowl with pastry blender or two knives cut 1/2 cup Country Crock Plant Butter into 1 1/2 cups flour until coarse crumbs form. Add 4 to 6 tablespoons ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until dough forms. Knead dough with floured hands and shape into disc. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425°. Unwrap dough and roll on lightly floured surface from center to edges to form 13-inch. circle. Arrange dough on parchment lined baking sheet.
- For filling, combine dark brown sugar, remaining flour, cinnamon, ginger and cardamom in small bowl;set aside. In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons Plant Butter over medium-high heat. Add apples and cook until apples are tender, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Stir in brown sugar mixture.
- Fill center of pie crust with apple mixture, leaving 2 inches around edges. Sprinkle cranberries over apple mixture. Fold edges of crust over fruit overlapping when necessary. Brush edges with remaining 1 tablespoon Plant Butter, melted. Sprinkle with sanding sugar. Bake 20 minutes or until crust is golden and fruit is bubbling. Cool 10 minutes on wire rack. Remove and let cool completely.
Tip: To easily transfer Crostata to serving dish, lift edges of parchment with Crostata on top. Transfer to serving dish then slide parchment out from under Crostata.