Life is Short - Eat the Spaghetti!
Pasta makes the world go round! Let’s face it – pasta can be paired with almost any meal, or be a meal of its own. At Price Chopper and Market 32, our focus today is specifically on spaghetti, because January 4th is National Spaghetti Day. Be sure to join us in celebrating today by trying some of our delicious recipes below. You can find a variety of pasta recipes on our Price Chopper Website and our Price Chopper Ready Website.
Did you know?
- The average Italian consumes about 62 pounds of pasta per year. That is the same weight as a female Golden Retriever!
- Sicilians created the first modern spaghetti noodles in the 12th century.
- Spaghetti today is about 10-12 inches long, but it was much longer when it was first invented.
- Spaghetti and meatballs are an American dish, not Italian.
- Spaghetti has evolved over the years. Today, you can find different varieties including gluten free, whole grain, protein, and veggie spaghetti.
Try some new recipes!
Anchovy Cacio e Pepe Spaghetti with Fried Capers: While this dish is drastically different from your traditional pasta and meatballs, you will not be disappointed. The fresh taste of olive oil, parmesan cheese, lemon, and crushed red peppers are sure to be nothing short of delicious!
Chicken Teriyaki Noodles: Quick, easy, filling, and tastes like a Hibachi restaurant!
Slow Cooker Spaghetti with Italian Sausage: Dinner ready in 16 minutes? Say less! Pair this meal with some fresh bread from our bakery.
Happy National Spaghetti Day!