Calling all brunch fans! The month of April is National Brunch Month, and we are here to celebrate. Brunch is a perfect way to spend quality time with friends and family, laugh until your stomach aches, and fill up on your favorite breakfast. I mean, who can pass up warm French toast, buttery waffles, scrambled egg bakes and so much more? Here at Price Chopper and Market 32, we want to help you get your brunch on all April long.
Looking for brunch inspiration? Explore our collection of mouth-watering recipes that will have you whipping up the perfect brunch in no time! Our recipes will satisfy every palate. With Easter and Mother’s Day right around the corner, you will want to save some, or all of these delicious recipes!
Cinnamon Waffles with Apple-Pecan Topping: These are not your average waffles…they are so much better! The cinnamon with crunchy apples & pecans are to die for!
Farmer’s Market Hash with Poached Egg: This hearty meal is filled with a variety of vegetables, cheese, and an egg! Talk about a delicious brunch!
Blueberry-Banana Chia Seed Muffins: These muffins are the perfect side to brunch! Tip: Cut the muffins in half, warm for a few seconds, and then spread with PICS butter. Thank us later!
Buttermilk-Bacon Pancakes with Bourbon-Maple Syrup: What is a brunch without bacon? Now, combine your PICS bacon with pancakes and PICS maple syrup. Perfection!
Spring Sausage & Vegetable Strata: Now this is every brunch fan’s dream! Feel free to add in PICS bacon or other vegetables of choice. The more the merrier!
Blueberry French Toast Bake: Fresh blueberries on warm French toast with butter and maple syrup…need I say more?
Happy Brunch Month!
The aroma of freshly baked bread is enough to make anyone stop and smile. At Price Chopper and Market 32, our bread is made fresh daily right in our bakery! We specifically want to highlight our Italian bread today. There are so many different ways to pair Italian bread with your meal, as well as ways to enhance the bread itself. Looking for ways to change up your next meal? Well, look below!
What meals pair well with Italian bread?
- Spaghetti & meatballs, pork, or sausage
- Eggs & bacon
Ideas to enhance Italian bread:
- Butter – We carry a variety of butter including salted, unsalted, whipped, garlic, olive oil & sea salt, and plant-based options.
- Bruschetta – Includes garlic, salt, olive oil, chopped tomatoes, chopped onions and anything else you choose!
- Olive Oil
- Garlic/Garlic Salt
Chicken & Roasted Beet Harvest Salad: This meal has the perfect balance of meat, vegetables, and cheese. What is missing? Italian bread, of course! Add some PICS salted butter on top of the bread to complete this meal!
Tomato Bisque With Grilled Cheese Heart Croutons: Here we have a classic favorite. All bowls of soup need a side of bread, of course. Dip your Italian bread in the tomato soup and your heart will be smiling!
Slow Cooker Spaghetti with Italian Sausage: No spaghetti meal is complete without the side salad or bread. Try this meal with Italian garlic bread at your next family dinner!
Open-Faced Breakfast Sandwich: Any bread can work for this sandwich, but try using Italian bread with some PICS Sweet Cream Salted Whipped Butter. You will not be disappointed!
Check out this video of a Caprese-Prosciutto Grilled Cheese sandwich that will leave your mouth watering!
JUST CRACK AN EGGIt’s time to take breakfast back with a hot, new grab-n-go breakfast from Ore-Ida. Just Crack and Egg is a product as simple as it sounds. Just open the package of real, flavorful ingredients, add your own egg, stir it up, pop it in the microwave and in less than 2 minutes you’ll be enjoying a delicious, hot breakfast. Finally! A tasty home-cooked breakfast that’s easy and convenient. But wait – it gets even better! Just Crack an Egg comes in four mouthwatering flavors: All American Scramble, Rustic Scramble, Ultimate Scramble and everybody’s favorite, the Denver Scramble, featuring savory cheddar Cheese, ham, onions, green peppers and diced potatoes. You’ll find all four great flavors in the Egg aisle. What you won’t find are artificial flavors, dyes or preservatives. To start your day off right, try the freshest new idea in breakfast – Just Crack an Egg! Price Chopper and Market 32 can help with your Easter celebration – from planning that Easter brunch or dinner to creating a unique basket your children will love! Activities for Kids Nothing is more special than creating lasting memories with your children and/or grandchildren. Plan crafts to involve them in preparing for Easter, as well as a few games the day of. Coloring and decorating eggs and Easter Egg Hunts are among the most popular along with the Easter Egg Roll, the most famous of which takes place on the White house lawn every year! Egg Coloring and Decorating
- Keep in mind these food safety tips if dyeing eggs for fun or for an egg hunt:
- Wash hands with warm water and soap before and after handling eggs
- Use only eggs that have been refrigerated and discard eggs that are cracked or dirty
- After hard cooking, dye eggs with food-safe coloring and return them to the refrigerator within 2 hours
- Fun egg decorating ideas can be found here.
- Hold outside if weather permits so the kids can run and enjoy the outdoors
- Decorate the house or yard with helium balloons, streamers, paper cutouts of eggs and rabbits, and bunny paw prints
- Estimate approximately one dozen eggs per child
- Fill multicolored plastic eggs with jelly beans, chocolate eggs, small toys, and money (my kids especially loved this as they got older (quarters, fifty-cent pieces and dollar bills)
- Give the children baskets for the Easter egg hunt or have them decorate a paper bag with colored markers and stickers