Summer came and went in a blink of an eye. With schools back in session, you may find yourself running back and forth from sporting events, school concerts, parent-teacher conferences, and so on. When in the world can you even find time to grocery shop? Do not worry, that is what we are here for! Let us do the shopping for YOU at Price Chopper and Market 32! Not only will this alleviate some stress, but it will save you an abundance of time.
Grocery pickup has taken off in the past few years with the pandemic really proving how effective and efficient online grocery shopping is. You can save so much time during your busy day by allowing us to shop for you. We have trained, skilled, and compassionate team members who are very familiar with our stores. Our team members see different varieties of food all day long, so they are able to locate items in a timely fashion as well as choosing great replacement options. If an item you have requested cannot be located and must be replaced, our team members can message you directly through the app to see what your preference would be. Another great feature of online grocery shopping for pickup is that you can make as many changes to your order as needed until it is checked out.
When placing orders for pickup, our loyalty points system and e-coupons work exactly the same as if you were to shop in-store. You still accumulate AdvantEdge points for the items you buy and can now redeem your points in more ways than ever before. You are currently unable to redeem points for online orders, however. For e-coupons, as soon as you clip the ones you want and add the items to your cart, you will see the discounts in your cart in real time. Even if you forget to clip an e-coupon and add items to your cart, the cart will tell you whether any e-coupons apply. How convenient!
The whole point of grocery pickup is to save you time, so our teammates strive to keep your wait under five minutes upon arrival. It is important that you park in our designated pickup spots right in front of the store so our team members can find you as quickly as possible. Oh, and we cannot forget to mention that you do not even have to get out of the vehicle! We will load your groceries right in the car for you.
The next time you find yourself scrambling to find time to grocery shop, remember that you have Price Chopper and Market 32 to do the shopping for you!
How To Place a Grocery Pickup Order:
- Create an account on our website if you do not already have one.
- Choose your store of choice.
- Select items.
- Choose a day and time slot for pickup.
- Submit your order.
- Receive notification that a teammate has started your order, any replacements that need to be made, and that your order has been completed.
- Notify us via app or phone call when you arrive. Park in a designated parking spot in front of the store (There will be green signs indicating where to park).
5 Easy Care Tips for Cast Iron
Maureen Murphy, Manager Consumer Trends, Nutrition and LifestylesI fondly remember my grandmother’s well-seasoned cast iron pan, and the wonderful foods prepared in it. For many years I wanted one, but up until several years ago I was under the mistaken impression that cast iron still required a lot of care. An incredibly useful tool in the kitchen, cast iron is ideal for searing meats, retaining heat, and can go from stovetop to oven so you can even bake in it! Once upon a time, cast iron skillets had to be seasoned before using for the first time, whereas today they are pre-seasoned in the factory making them ready for use after a quick rinse and thorough dry. Thanks to these tips from Lodge, maker of cast iron cookware, it’s easy to keep cast iron looking and performing well.
- Cast iron can be washed – wash by hand using a nylon bristle brush, and if needed, use a pan scraper for any stubborn cooked-on bits.
- Do not: soak in water, use a dishwasher or metal scouring pads
- A mild detergent may be used, but isn’t necessary after each washing
- For particularly sticky food, simmer a little water for 1 minute, then use a pan scraper after skillet has cooled.
- Dry immediately and thoroughly
- Rub with a little food-safe cooking oil/shortening (vegetable or canola oil recommended), preferably while skillet is still warm
- Use it frequently as the more often you use it the better it gets as the seasoning (oil) builds up on the pan creating a nonstick layer
- Scrub with a metal scouring pan
- Oil interior and exterior
- Place upside down with piece of foil or sheet pan underneath
- Bake in a 350° oven for 1 hour; allow to cool completely in oven