Create the Perfect Charcuterie Board!
What is better for snacking than a big, beautiful charcuterie board? Whether you are having a friend and family gathering, holiday party, or some sort of celebration, a charcuterie board is a great option. The best part is, there is no “right” or “wrong” way to create one, and you can theme the board to match the occasion.
What exactly is a charcuterie board? A charcuterie board typically contains some type of assortment of the following: Meats, cheeses, crackers, artisan toasted bread, fruits, veggies, olives, nuts, dips, desserts and whatever else you choose! Of course, you tailor your board to what you and your guests prefer. Additionally, with the holidays right around the corner, there are many fun desserts you can sprinkle onto your board.
Unsure of where to begin? We have you covered. The volume of items you need depend on how many guests you are providing for. Here are a few popular items for each category:
Meats: Prosciutto, salami, pepperoni, ham, smoked salmon
Cheeses: Goat cheese, Feta cheese, Swiss cheese, blue cheese, Brie Cheese
Crackers: PICS Oil & Herb Crackers, Wheat Thins, Ritz Crackers, pretzels
Artisan Bread: Ciabatta, sourdough, French, rye
Fruits: Grapes, blueberries, raspberries, apricots, figs
Veggies: Carrots, celery, snap peas, grape tomatoes, broccoli, pickles
Olives: Castelvetrano olives, Kalamata olives
Nuts: Walnuts, almonds, cashews, pistachios, pecans
Dips: Hummus, cream cheese, salsa, guacamole, honey, fig spread
Desserts (for holidays or any occasion): Chocolate covered strawberries, jellybeans, mints, candy corn, Hershey kisses, mini cookies, mini candy canes, peppermint bark, M&Ms
Charcuterie boards are a fun way to let your creative mind flow, as well as giving your guests something to admire. Enjoy!
Written by Jane N. Golub Director In-Store Marketing Programs
- Things to avoid: wool, silk, mohair, spandex, nonfast colors, solid colors (including cream and off-white colored solids) and colored fabrics.
- Visit Clorox.com for money saving coupons and to find out “what is a mostly white”.
- Look for Clorox Smart Seek Bleach in the Laundry aisle.
- All Dole Fruit & Veggie Power Smoothie Shakers are 180 calories and have 5 grams of protein. They are easy to make and convenient.
- Dole Blue Power Shakers contain Vitamins B6, B12 and Folic Acid. It is made from Blueberries, Bananas and Red Beets.
- Dole Red Power Shakers contain Vitamins A & E. It is made from Strawberries and Raspberries with Red Beets and Purple Carrots.
- Dole Yellow Power Shakers contain Vitamin C. It is made from Pineapple, Mangoes and Sweet Potato and Carrots.
- Look for Dole Fruit & Veggie Power Smoothie Shakers in the Frozen aisle next to the Frozen Fruit.