Earth Day is coming up on April 22nd and we’re celebrating with some plant-powered meals and recipes. Adding more plants to your plate is a great way to support Earth Day, agriculture, and your individual health. Americans at every age and stage have plenty of room to add more plant-based foods. Check out some of our favorite plant-based recipes.
Grilled Veggie Quinoa Bowls: This recipe features organic red and white quinoa combined with a wonderful array of veggies, all topped with a tasty Southwest marinade.
Southwest Veggie Flatbread: A mouthwatering southwestern-style flatbread with all the classic ingredients. This one’s a winner.
Black Bean Quinoa Grilled Veggie Tacos: These tacos are filled up with satisfying ingredients, corn, tomatoes, onion, and jalapeno met with quinoa mixture, beans, avocado, and cilantro. Delicious and filling.
Air Fryer Herbed Root Vegetable Chips: Substitute your potato chips with these crispy Air Fryer Herbed Root Vegetables Chips. The same feel and crunch of potato chips, but veggies.
Cajun Fried Corn on the Cob: This Cajun Fried Corn on the Cob is amazing! Scallions, buttermilk ranch, and Cajun seasoning brings a blast of flavor to this recipe.
Carrot & Kale Latkes with Orange-Ginger Sour Cream: Latkes are great. But you can add some veggies to make them even better. Carrot and Kale topped with orange-ginger sour cream. Delicious!
Chickpea Lettuce Wraps: Lettuce wraps provide a world of opportunity. For a plant-based plate, use chickpeas as a main ingredient.
Easy Black Bean Burger: Satisfy that burger craving with a Black Bean Burger. Topped with all your favorites this recipe passes the test.
Grilled Tortilla Pizzas: Have you tried using grilled tortillas as pizza dough? It works great. And when topped with sun-dried tomatoes, roasted pine nuts, kalamata olives, and feta cheese, makes for a pretty good pizza.
To learn more about plant-powered meals and ingredients visit our website. We offer a ton of variety when it comes to plant-based recipes, and they all deliver great flavor and satisfaction.
Shop some of our favorite plant-powered products:
We Have You Covered for ThanksVegan!
As passionate food lovers, Thanksgiving is one of our favorite days of the year. There are so many delicious entrees, sides, and desserts to enjoy. We always love trying new dishes, and this holiday we are looking forward to some vegan options. Check out the recipes below that are guaranteed to make your ThanksVegan celebration a success!
ThanksVegan Appetizer: Pumpkin Hummus
1 can PICS Chickpeas, drained
3/4 cup pumpkin purée
2 Tbsp. tahini
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. olive oil plus more, for garnish
Roasted pumpkin seeds, for garnish (optional)
1 bag PICS Mini Pretzels
- Place all the ingredients except the olive oil, pumpkin seeds (if using), and pretzels in a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer to a bowl and drizzle with the olive oil. Top with the roasted pumpkin seeds, if desired.
- Serve with pretzels for dipping.
Makes about 2¾ cups
ThanksVegan Entrée: Butternut Squash Bird’s Nests
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp. + 1 teaspoon oil (olive or avocado)
1 pkg. PICS Butternut Vegetable Noodles
½ onion, chopped and sautéed
1 can PICS Chickpeas, drained
1/2 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
Salt and pepper, to taste
Fresh herbs, for garnish (optional)
- In a skillet, sauté the garlic in the oil for 2 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Toss chickpeas in rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Create separate piles (“nests”) of squash in a baking dish, fill each nest with chickpeas, drizzle with oil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately with fresh herb garnish, if desired.
Makes 3 servings
ThanksVegan Dessert: Pumpkin Pie Spice Chocolate Ice Cream Floats
4 scoops PICS Very Chocolate Vegan Non-Dairy Frozen Dessert
4 oz. bourbon or dark rum (optional)
Chilled ginger ale
Optional toppings: vegan whipped cream and pumpkin pie spice
- Place 1 scoop of the ice cream in a tall chilled glass.
- Add the bourbon or rum, if using, then fill to the top with ginger ale.
- Top with vegan whipped cream and pumpkin pie spice, if desired. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
Makes 4 servings