Introducing Barilla Al Bronzo: Pasta With Extraordinary Sauce Grip
New from Barilla is Al Bronzo pasta, a line of premium pasta made with a reserve batch of non-GMO durum wheat and expertly crafted using innovative micro-engraved bronze dies for a robust texture and extraordinary sauce grip. You can find Al Bronzo in the pasta aisle in 6 delicious shapes: Spaghetti, Bucatini, Linguine, Mezzi Rigatoni, Penne, and Fusilli.
Try Al Bronzo in these two delicious recipes. Al Bronzo Mezzi Rigatoni with Tuscan Ragout is a hearty recipe made with three kinds of meat that will leave you and your family craving more. The homemade pasta sauce features beef, pork and lamb simmered with fresh plum tomatoes, garlic, rosemary and sage. The wide opening of the Al Bronzo Mezzi Rigatoni is the ideal shape for capturing the meat sauce. Al Bronzo Bucatini with Lemon, Ginger, Parmigiano & Thai Basil features an amazing combination of ingredients where the fresh lemon and ginger are balanced by the Parmigiano cheese and the Thai Basil leaves. Served over Al Bronzo Bucatini, this recipe is the perfect weeknight meal.
Al Bronzo Mezzi Rigatoni with Tuscan Ragout
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Total Time: 40 Minutes
- 1 box Barilla®
- Al Bronzo Mezzi Rigatoni pasta 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1 white onion chopped
- 2 leaves fresh sage
- 1 sprig
- fresh rosemary
- 1 clove garlic gently pressed
- ¼ pound ground beef
- ¼ pound ground pork
- ¼ pound ground lamb
- ¼ cup red wine
- 2 fresh plum tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Romano cheese to taste grated
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet; add onion, sage, rosemary and garlic; allow the onion to sweat for 10 minutes over low heat.
- Add beef, pork and lamb; cook until the meat begins to stick to the bottom of the pan; deglaze with red wine and continue cooking until the liquid is reduced well; discard the rosemary, sage and garlic.
- Meanwhile, blanch and peel tomatoes, remove the seeds and cut the pulp in dices; add to the meat sauce along with chicken stock; simmer until the liquid is evaporated; season with salt and pepper.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and toss with the sauce.
- Finish with cheese and remaining olive oil.
Al Bronzo Bucatini with Lemon, Ginger, Parmigiano & Thai Basil
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
- 1 box Barilla® Al Bronzo™ Bucatini pasta
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- ½ lemon, zested
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- ½ cup Thai basil leaves, julienne
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cook pasta three minutes less than package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet sauté garlic and ginger in 2 tablespoons olive oil for a minute, add lemon juice and 1 cup pasta cooking water, bring to a simmer.
- Drain pasta and toss with lemon juice mixture over high heat, add pasta and more pasta cooking water as needed.
- Turn off heat, finish with remaining olive oil, cheese, lemon zests and black pepper. Top with basil before serving.
For more recipe inspiration, please visit https://www.barilla.com/en-us/al-bronzo.
RANA PORTOBELLO MUSHROOM SAUCERana Portobello Mushroom Sauce: A fresh, rich and creamy flavorful mushroom sauce filled with fresh Portobello mushrooms with no preservatives and non GMO claim. A sauce that is ideal with pasta, along with many other host foods and occasions. A very versatile sauce that is recipe ready and pairs well with chicken, pork, steak, burgers, rice, potatoes and vegetables. Heat up in microwave or sauce pan and bring home the authentic taste and quality you have been accustomed to know with the Rana brand. Look for Rana Portobello Mushroom Sauce in the Refrigerated Deli case. Written by Jane Golub Director In-Store Marketing Programs September 24, 2017
THE SILVER PALATE SAN MARZANO PASTA SAUCEOf the many brands and types of pasta sauce on the market, only one brand is truly unique. The word unique means one of a kind and Silver Palate San Marzano Pasta Sauce varieties are outstanding in taste and texture. You be the judge. The first ingredient is imported, whole San Marzano tomatoes. Unlike most other tomatoes, domestic and Italian, the generic structure has never been modified. Thus, the natural sugar goes into the fruit, not the leaves as it does in other tomatoes. That’s why The Silver Palate adds no sugar. They’re naturally sweet and lush. Thus they never have to add tomato paste or sugar – only whole tomatoes. What a great pasta sauce – Silver Palate Super Premium! Available in four varieties – Marinara, Tomato Basil, Low Sodium Marinara and Oreganata Marinara. Look for The Silver Palate San Marzano Pasta Sauce in the Pasta Sauce aisle.