March is National Nutrition Month!
March is National Nutrition Month®, time to celebrate and activate to capture the bounty and benefits of food! National Nutrition Month® is an annual nutrition education initiative from the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. For 48 years, Registered Dietitian-Nutritionist members (now more than 100,000, the largest professional nutrition organization in the world), have led the food and health conversation, sharing all the benefits eating well and being active can bring to your life. The central theme for 2021, “Personalize Your Plate”, recognizes that family, history, culture and community all influence what we eat, and there are many flavorful, inspiring ways to bring food and health together.
If you believe there is room to get more benefits from the food you eat, check out some of my favorite tips and hacks from the Academy to power your plate in 2021:
- Take time to enjoy your food.
- Include healthful foods from all food groups.
- Use a grocery list to shop for healthful foods.
- Fuel for school or work with a delicious, nutritious breakfast.
- Keep healthy ingredients on hand.
- Keep food safety front and center.
- Share meals with family and friends, in your home and virtually!
- Hydrate healthfully.
- Learn how to read Nutrition Fact Panels.
- To get personalized nutrition advice to meet your goals, see a registered dietitian nutritionist!
Take credit for the good choices you are already making and consider what you could add to your efforts to enjoy a healthier lifestyle. Check out our website and learn more about the Know Your Colors nutrition guides, health and wellness articles on the Price Chopper blog and Pharmacy pages, Price Chopper You Tube videos, the Kids Cooking Club and the healthy recipes – explore the website and store for more information and inspiration. Enjoy eating well with us for National Nutrition Month!