PICS Spice & Everything Nice!
Life can be hectic, especially with the kids back to school. Running from practices to school events and more, the thought of cooking each night may feel daunting. If you find yourself making the same types of dinners and running out of ideas to spice up your next meal, we can help. Price Chopper and Market 32 are very excited to announce 10 new PICS spices that will be released to all locations starting today, October 10th! We have a spice for even the pickiest of eaters, so take a look below to discover what’s new to add more flavor in your next meal.
Spice #1: PICS Guacamole Seasoning
Size: 3.2 oz.
Homemade guacamole paired with your favorite PICS tortilla chips…what could be better! This new seasoning is a flavorful mixture of zesty lime, garlic, cilantro, and jalapeno.
Spice #2: PICS Street Corn Seasoning
Picture this: It is a warm summer evening, the barbeque is grilling, and corn on the cob is underway. Butter the corn on the cob and add this Street Corn Seasoning on top. It will be a staple for our corn on the cob lovers!
Spice #3: PICS Smoked Butcher’s Blend Seasoning
Do you love smoked meats? Then this is the spice for you! This smokey and peppery seasoning is perfect for any foods ranging from steak and chicken to potatoes and mixed veggies. The best part is this spice is made from all natural ingredients.
Spice #4: PICS Butcher’s Salt & Pepper Seasoning
At Price Chopper and Market 32, we take pride in giving our customers the finest meats. Next time you are at your local store, be sure to pick up your favorite meat source and pair it with this new Butcher’s Salt & Pepper Seasoning. Sometimes a great quality piece of meat needs nothing more than premium salt and coarsely ground pepper.
Spice #5: PICS Chicago Chop Seasoning
This new spice is a must-try for our pork lovers out there! This savory and smoky taste will have you going back for seconds!
Spice #6: PICS Mediterranean Citrus Olive Oil Spice
This Mediterranean spice will add an immense flavor to just about any dish. You may be wondering what exactly this spice tastes like. This Greek blend is a mixture of crunchy Hudson Valley salt, dried garlic, black pepper, oregano, coriander, thyme, dried onion, spices, and lemon oil. This is a must try!
Spice #7: PICS Lemon Pepper Thyme Seasoning
Our new Lemon Pepper Thyme Seasoning subtly brings out the delicious flavors of chicken and fish. Another fun way to use this seasoning would be in melted butter or tossed in pasta.
Spice #8: PICS Spicy Italian Roasted Garlic Olive Oil Spices
Your pasta night just became even better with our new PICS Spicy Italian Roasted Garlic Olive Oil Seasoning! Include this spice in your meatballs, pork chops, or sprinkle on your toasted bread and butter. The aroma in your house will be divine!
Spice #9: PICS Salt-Free All-Purpose Seasoning
You read that right – A seasoning without salt! Be sure to grab this new spice to amplify the taste of your next meat and veggie dinner, just without the salt.
Last but certainly not least…
Spice #10: PICS Spicy Italian Sun-Dried Tomato Olive Oil Spices
This new spice is extremely versatile and if you like spicy food, this is the spice for you! Add this on your chicken, mix into ground beef or sprinkle into your olive oil for dipping bread.
Ready try these new spices? Head to your local Price Chopper and Market 32 today, October 10th to try a few…or all of them!
Spending time with friends and family, sharing a family recipe, connecting in ways large and small – all are part of the experience of eating together – these are a few of our favorite things. This is especially true during the holidays – so much fun to be had creating and enjoying special treats and heirloom eats. As the holiday rush gets into full swing, these quick meals and snack ideas will keep you and your family fueled well for all the season’s festivities!
Check out the Family Meals page for solutions and serving suggestions that focus on sale items this week, like One-Pan Garlic Chicken and veggies, easy to make and clean up; family (and office party!) favorite, fresh Corner to Corner pizza; oldie but goodie Tuna Melts and a quick salad kit, and versatile, heat and eat Ham on sale, paired with fresh green beans and Market 32 Gourmet Potatoes. Yum and Done!
The official start of the holiday season is upon us! It’s the best time of year for sharing and caring, especially through wonderful food. Some quick meal ideas will help you manage the week, while Thanksgiving Day hacks and helpers will lead you to success this year.
One of our favorite parts of Thanksgiving are the leftovers – find yummy recipes to rescue the leftovers and enjoy them just as much the second time around. On top of that, we’re offering up ideas to help you entertain your guests all day long. After all, Thanksgiving has been called the ultimate family meal, so we’re providing all the steps we can towards a grateful gathering.
Do you know why you love this holiday so much? Favorite foods, favorite people, and favorite way to spend time – in the company of those who are important to you. We know you have a lot to prepare this week, so meal and snack suggestions are fuss-free so you can stay fresh and focused! Check out:
• Fresh Pork Tenderloin roast with a side of salad and Bakery sweet potato pie!
• 10-Minute Microwave Magic – Seal and Cook Seafood/Fresh Veggie/Herb Butter Meal paired with PICS Ready Rice or Quinoa.
• Snack Savvy – Red grape, black and green grapes and Halo Clementines are grab and go!
• Signature Sip – Pomegranate Cranberry Poinsetta cocktail or mocktail for children and adults!
• App Tactic – Variety apple slices (McIntosh, Granny Smith, and Honey Crisp?) as “crackers”, soft and hard cheese slices, and those tri-color grapes make a light and fresh start. Or, wow guests with this beautiful Cheese Board.
• Leftover Love – Pilgrim Sandwiches, Grilled Cheese Sliders, Rachel Ray Turkey and Stuffin’ Soup…YUM!
When it comes to a meal as big as Thanksgiving, leftovers are inevitable. Make sure you store them appropriately for the longest lasting freshness possible. Check out some of our tips on leftover storage below:
• Refrigerate or freeze leftover turkey, stuffing and gravy within 2 hours of serving
• Divide large quantities into smaller portions to chill more quickly
• Store leftover turkey in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, and stuffing and gravy 1 –2 days
• Bring leftover gravy to a rolling boil before serving
• For longer storage, properly wrap and place in freezer and use within a month
There’s a lot to keep track of while preparing for Thanksgiving, especially if you’re hosting. Here’s a few helpful hacks to make your day go as smooth as possible.
• Prep-power – Get platters, special servers, tablecloths and napkins washed and ready the weekend before. Check your stock of aluminum foil, food storage containers with matching lids, wraps and baggies, and add them to your shopping list as needed.
• Collaborate – Is there a famous family pie maker? Have them show off their talents and get dessert off your prep list. Or, find some wonderful choices in the store!
• Designate – One family photographer to take the beauty shots for the meal and the table celebration picture and share later. Label a basket with a sign “Grateful to Spend Time with You” and invite guests to leave phones there during the meal.
It’s hard to think about food for the rest of the week when you’re so focused on Thanksgiving. That’s why we’ve come up a few easy meal solutions for you and your family when turkey is not the main dish. Try Fresh Pork Tenderloin with your favorite seasonings, served with a surprise side of Bakery Sweet Potato Pie and a Fresh Express Honey Pecan Salad Kit. Seafood is another great option, Seal and Cook Fresh Seafood, Veggie, and Herb Butter meal served with PICS Crescent Rolls. For a quick and easy meal, enjoy Fresh Prepared Heat and Eat Meal Options – Pasta, Chicken Breast, and more! For a savory snack, grab some Black, Red, or Green Grapes, or Halo Clementines.