Cancer hasn’t stopped. So neither have we.
Round up your change and donate at the register and support the American Cancer Society.
Price Chopper/Market 32 will match all donations, up to $5,000!
- • There will be 1,806,590 newly diagnosed cancer cases in 2020.
- • There will be 606,520 cancer deaths in 2020.
- • Because of COVID-19:
• Cancer patients and survivors are facing threats on multiple fronts right now, including the struggle to get and afford health care.
- • 1 in 4 report a delay in care or treatment.
- • One-third of all patients say they’re worried about the impact COVID-19 will have on their ability to get care, a concern that is especially prevalent among patients in active treatment.
- •80% of our call volume is related to COVID-19.
Help Cure Rare Disease efforts to advance research to treat rare, genetic diseases.
Price Chopper/Market 32 and Freihofer’s will donate 10 cents to Cure Rare Disease with the purchase of specially marked Freihofer’s products.
Cure Rare Disease is a 501c3 nonprofit biotechnology organization that is pioneering the development of tailor-made medicines for children suffering from rare, genetic diseases who have no treatment or cure. Cure Rare Disease (CRD) does this through a collaboration of the leading academic research institutes, researchers and clinicians in the United States. Founded by Rich Horgan, Cure Rare Disease was born out of frustration with the lack of medical options for his own brother Terry, who was born with a muscle-wasting disease called Duchenne muscular dystrophy. People impacted by Duchenne typically live until their mid-20s and there is currently no effective treatment or cure. Moreover, over 30% of rare disease patients are children.
The Cure Rare Disease customized therapeutic approach is a new approach to treating previously untreatable rare and genetic diseases. Whereas traditional drug development treats more prevalent diseases with a one-size-fits-all approach, and has followed this approach for decades — Cure Rare Disease and collaborators develop customized medicines using the patient’s own cells to inform and guide therapeutic development. Researchers from Yale School of Medicine, Charles River Laboratories, the University of Massachusetts Medical School and several other collaborators work together and share their findings to accelerate the research from research bench to patient bedside.
The ultimate vision of Cure Rare Disease is to enable all patients, regardless of their disease, to get an effective treatment in time. We do so by working across the healthcare ecosystem with the FDA, insurance companies, researchers and clinicians so that our customized therapeutics will be covered by insurance and efficiently approved by the FDA.
You can learn more about Cure Rare Disease at cureraredisease.org and follow them on social media @cureraredisease.
To Donate, find a store near you!
United Way needs your help now more than ever!
Round up your change at checkout and support the United Way’s COVID-19 Response.
We have kicked things off with a $25,000 donation. Your generosity helps connect our community members with resources providing food, shelter and other essential services through United Way’s global network.
- •United Way fights for the health, education, and financial stability for every person in every community.
- •Donations raised in your store will benefit your local United Way Chapter.
- •United Way’s COVID-19 resources: United Way is uniting community partners in regional fundraising efforts to support critical community needs.
- •United Way is coordinating volunteers to support in-person and virtual volunteer needs of organizations that continue to provide essential services.
- •United Way’s 2-1-1 helpline operates 24/7 in over 200 languages and provides free, confidential referrals to essential services, and is supporting COVID-19 related questions and concerns.