HEALTHY CHOICE POWER BOWLSHealthy Choice Power Bowls deliver Modern Healthy to consumers through high quality food. It is their culinary approach that insists that every ingredient matters. Every Power Bowl is made with intentional balance of vegetables, proteins and whole grains to fuel your lifestyle. Healthy Choice Power Bowls use Antibiotic Free Chicken, All Natural USDA Choice Beef, All Natural Pork Loin – contained in a compostable Fiber Bowl. Healthy Choice Power Bowls meals are inspired by international recipes. Look for Korean Beef, Adobo Chicken, Cuban Pork Roast, and Chicken Sausage & Barley Bowl varieties. Look for Healthy Choice Power Bowls in the Entrée Meal section of the Frozen aisle. Written by Jane Golub Director In-Store Marketing Programs October 8, 2017
GRAZE SNACKSAt Graze, they are on a mission to make healthy snacking more exciting! They have created a huge variety of inventive, wholesome and nutritious snacks, which taste delicious and make you feel excited about making the better choice. Graze started by offering their snacks online and have now made your favorite snacks available in stores! Graze deconstructed snacks have no GM ingredients, no high fructose corn syrup, no artificial flavors and no artificial colors. Their innovative single serve punnet is the perfect portion when you need a wholesome nutritious snack. They also offer a multi-serve bag that is perfect for sharing with your friends. Graze snacks offer the perfect snack for any time of day. Their snack varieties are wholesome and nutritious, savory and sweet. Among the flavors offered are: Veggie Protein Power, Dark Chocolate Cherry Tart, Salted Caramel Cookie, White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake, Sweet Memphis BBQ and Spicy Sriracha Crunch. Look for Graze Snacks in the Snack aisle. Written by Ellie Wilson, MS, RDN Senior Nutritionist Resolutions abound in the New Year, particularly those that connect food and health. Weight loss is still top of mind for many after the indulgence of the holidays, but more and more, emphasis is being put on adding nutrition benefits over cutting calories. We have plenty of ways to help you enjoy a fresh take on being well this year. Fruit and Veggie Hacks More matters, and there are so many easy ways to add produce to your day. Our Fresh Express salad section keeps bringing new ideas to your table! Enjoy easy prep and great salad variety with added flavor and nutrition boosts from cheese, pepitas, nuts, and fruit accents, included right in the package. Dole and Welch frozen fruits, and PICS frozen vegetables are adding more varieties to their ranks, and make it easy to enjoy smoothies, yogurt parfaits, and inspired oatmeal combinations, and quick dinner prep. Beverage Bonanza Keep an eye on beverages all over the store – super seltzers, enhanced waters, drinkable yogurts, teas, added probiotics, and lower calories are all themes in new items and refreshed favorites. Good Fats Nuts rule, and Emerald 100 calorie packages help you max the benefits and manage the calories. Avocados continue to climb higher on the health (and taste!) ladder. Add just a little more olive or canola oil to your recipes and enjoy supporting your healthy heart. Protein Power Convenient servings and packages help you eat well at home and include a wide variety of lean proteins – check out frozen grilled chicken and deli tubs, string cheese and new options with yogurt and cottage cheese. The trend toward plant protein is also powering up in a lot of delicious and interesting food products. Many new items are designed to help you easily and quickly add delicious ancient grains, lentils, beans and pea protein to your table and snacks. These are just a few of the food trends you will see as we ring in a healthy New Year – we can’t wait to share them all! For recipes and inspiration, visit our New Year New You Pinterest board! Ellie Wilson, MS, RDN, Senior Nutritionist The American Heart Association, long known for their efforts to educate Americans about the best ways to enjoy great heart health, began a new tradition several years ago with National Eating Healthy Day. It always falls on the first Wednesday of November, and seeks to help people keep their heart in mind as the holidays begin. The theme this year is “Be Colorful”, to get us thinking about and enjoying more fruits and vegetables at all of our eating occasions. You can add more produce to your diet with these easy, quick tips:
- Power up breakfast with some dried fruit in oatmeal, like dried cherries and apricots.
- Make that morning snack a small apple and a light cheese stick – produce plus protein is perfect!
- Add some extra frozen or canned veggies to your lunchtime soup, or mix bagged, chopped salads with romaine lettuce for a quick power salad. Dress with balsamic vinegar and a drizzle of olive oil to keep the taste high and calories low.
- Hummus and cut veggies make a flavorful, plant-protein and fiber-rich afternoon snack.
- Double up on dinner vegetables – double servings of the same item, or mix and match fresh/ready-to-eat vegetables with your favorite cooked ones – with produce, more is always better!
- Zesty Lemon Pepper offers flavor that is perfect in salads and adds a tangy citrus punch to meals or appetizers.
- Hickory Smoked is perfect right out of the pouch on a cracker. These select cuts of premium tuna are seasoned with a rich smoky flavor.
- Herb and Garlic adds a perfect Italian flavor to any meal. The zesty garden flavors are guaranteed to bring any dish to life.
- Sweet and Spicy gives a flavor boost you never expected from Tuna! Jazz up your lunchtime wrap with this spicy flavor.