10 Creative Chocolate Covered Treats for Valentine’s Day
It’s the week of Valentine’s Day and we can’t seem to get these “chocolate covered” thoughts out of our heads. After all, ‘tis the season for showing your love and appreciation through sweet treats. With this in mind, we thought we’d give you a roster of fun ideas for creative chocolate covered goodies this year.
Dip into our 10 chocolate covered treat ideas below!
- Chocolate Dipped Fruits: Our hand dipped in-store chocolate strawberries are an essential this time of year. Same goes for our chocolate covered pineapple. However, apple slices, orange slices, watermelon slices and bananas are also fantastic when covered in chocolate. You can’t go wrong with pretty much any sweet or tart fruit.
- Chili Peppers: The flavor of a chili pepper mixes beautifully with the savory taste of chocolate. A sweet pepper could be an interesting choice, but a spicy pepper adds a perfect contrast to the sweetness. Give it a try.
- Pie: Yes, pie. The whole pie. Whip up your favorite key lime pie recipe and cover it in chocolate. You’re at the top of the dessert game! Congrats.
- Potato Chips: This one’s easy. The saltiness of a potato chip combined with the sweet flavor of chocolate is addicting!
- NEW Market 32 Pretzels & Graham Crackers: We’ve introduced these before here on our blog, but seriously, we just can’t get over how satisfying they are! Get them before they’re gone!
- Pickles: This might seem questionable at first but the sweet and tangy flavors mix well. You have to try it yourself to fully understand!
- Filet Mignon: If you’re interested in going all out for Valentine’s Day why not combine dinner with dessert? It’s a thing. Trust us. If you try it, let us know what you think!
- Peanut Butter Crackers: Peanut butter crackers are a top tier snack by themselves, but dip them in some chocolate and you’ve added a dynamic star to your romantic snack game.
- Edamame: If you’re looking for a healthier treat to snack on for Valentine’s Day and beyond, try chocolate covered edamame. Edamame is a nice alternative to common salty snacks like chips, so it’s ok to go ahead and add some chocolate.
- Strawberry Cookies: Everybody loves chocolate dipped strawberries, but how about chocolate dipped strawberry cookies? It’s a simple, yet creative spin on a Valentine’s Day classic.
Chocolate treats are always in our minds around Valentine’s Day. We hope you enjoy these unique ways to try chocolate like you never have before. Need a chocolate mix to get started? Find it here.
National Chocolate Milkshake Day
Today, on National Chocolate Milkshake Day, we celebrate one of the world’s most satisfying desserts. You’ve probably enjoyed a chocolate milkshake before, but you may be unfamiliar with the story behind the tasty treat.
Milkshakes have been around for quite some time, originating all the way back in 1885 when they were an alcoholic beverage containing whiskey. However, the adult beverage version was short-lived, as by the turn of the century milkshakes were no longer alcoholic. Instead they were made with flavored syrups such as chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry. In 1922, Ivan “Pop” Coulson added vanilla ice cream to a malted milk drink, inventing the first malted milkshake. The idea quickly spread, becoming very popular at soda fountains. By 1930, milkshakes were transformed to the sweet treat we love today, with ice cream, milk, and syrup all blended together.
Once the 1950s rolled around, milkshakes had become a staple in diners, burger joints, and lunch counters. In different parts of the country, shakes were known by different names, including “frappes,” “cabinets,” “velvets,” and “concrete,” which referred to a milkshake so thick, it wouldn’t even drip when flipped completely upside down.
Today, milkshakes are more prevalent than ever. Being sold in diners, fast food restaurants, and ice cream shops alike. Their continuous boom in popularity may be due to a larger variety of flavors, yet, the classic chocolate milkshake remains a favorite in the ice cream game.
Looking forward to celebrating? Stop by your local store for all of your chocolate milkshake necessities, and order your PICS chocolate ice cream here.
Happy National Chocolate Milkshake Day!
TOFFIFAYToffifay has a long history and was recently launched in the United States with a brand new packaging and positioning. Toffifay is irresistible on so many levels! They spin chewy caramel into a little cup, drop in a whole hazel nut, cover it with chocolate hazelnut filling and top it with a drop of delicious chocolate. Each box has 12 pieces that can easily be shared with friends and also makes for the perfect treat. “With Toffifay, you’re always in good company”. Look for Toffifay in or near the Candy aisle Written by Jane N. Golub Director In-Store Marketing Programs
HANS KISSLE QUICHESHans Kissle Products are made fresh daily with the same taste and freshness as in your kitchen. Hans Kissle understands the value of delivering fresh high quality products to your table. All products are produced in their 112,000 square foot facility in Haverhill, Massachusetts. Their facility is USDA inspected and received the SQF (Safe Quality Foods) Manufacturer of the Year Award in December 2013. Hans Kissle’s delicious Quiche have been a long time favorite. They use only the highest quality ingredients, just like you would. Fresh eggs, cream, crisp vegetables and high quality meats and cheeses insure perfection every time. These tasty ingredients are whipped and baked into a flaky buttery crust. Hans Kissle’s fully cooked Quiches are perfect for breakfast, brunch or family gatherings and can be eaten hot or cold. Save yourself time and money. Hans Kissle’s handcrafted Quiche – in Lorraine, Broccoli and Spinach varieties – will be just as good as yours, they promise. Look for Hans Kissle Quiches in the Deli Department.
HERSHEY’S SPREADIntroducing HERSHEY’S Spreads. Spreads give you the rich, delicious taste of HERSHEY’S chocolate in a smooth creamy spread you can use in so many ways. The HERSHEY’S brand has stood for delicious, high quality chocolate since 1894. HERSHEY’S Spreads have the power to transform any snack into a delicious treat. Chocolate lovers want new, exciting ways to experience HERSHEY’S. HERSHEY’S three flavors bring variety to the Spreads category. This is Chocolate Spread, Chocolate with Almond Spread and Chocolate with Hazelnut Spread. Look for all three HERSHEY’S Spreads in the Peanut Butter and Spreads section. Chocolate lovers know that HERSHEY’S delivers a smooth delicious chocolate taste. Looking for something sweet to give your Valentine this year? Stop by your local Price Chopper Bakery department to find hand crafted and uniquely designed, sweets and strawberries using genuine dark chocolate truffle! HERSHEY’S INSTANT PUDDINGS New Hershey’s Instant Puddings are an easy way to enjoy a quick and tasty dessert treat for the whole family! Each mix makes 4 half cup servings of delicious pudding which is easy to make. There is no cooking required – just add milk, mix and pour! The Chocolate and Dark Chocolate mixes are made with real Hershey’s Cocoa. Hershey’s Instant Puddings are available in three flavors – Chocolate, White Chocolate and Special Dark. Be sure to take some home today so you can experience the notable Hershey’s chocolate taste in a deliciously simple-to-make dessert. Look for Hershey’s Instant Puddings on the Dessert Mix aisle! Written by Jane N. Golub Director In-Store Marketing Programs BROOKSIDE DARK CHOCOLATE Brookside’s dark chocolate covered real fruit pieces are a delicious chocolate and fruit taste experience. Brookside’s patented technology delivers great tasting products containing real fruit juice centers. Combines smooth, rich dark chocolate and exotic fruit juice flavors. Brookside’s dark chocolate is a natural source of flavanol antioxidants. Available in three great flavor varieties:
- Dark Chocolate Pomegranate, Dark Chocolate
- Acai with Blueberry, Dark Chocolate
- Goji with Raspberry