How to Make a Memorable Mother's Day Brunch
Mother’s Day is almost here, and our brunch ideas can help you impress Mom while thanking her for all she does. Show Mom and the mother figures in your life how much they mean to you with a brunch that’s thoughtful, delicious and as special as they are.
5 Tips for a Foolproof Mother’s Day Brunch
- Would Mom prefer a big celebration or a more intimate gathering? What are her favorite brunch items? Plan the day around Mom’s needs.
- Last-minute planning rarely ends well. Plan your Mother’s Day brunch now, so you can shop for your items and prep some meal components ahead of time.
- While you want Mother’s Day brunch to be special, you also want it to go smoothly. Keep it simple with the uncomplicated recipes below, and supplement the meal with ready-to-eat items from your local Price Chopper or Market 32!
- Go above and beyond with an elegant table space that honors mom – decorate with fresh flowers and her favorite color palette or lay out cherished family photos for a meaningful meal.
- After brunch, package up any leftovers (giving Mom a much-deserved break!) and be sure to leave the kitchen squeaky clean!
Bold Brunch Beverages
Cheers to Mom with one of these delicious drinks!
- Viennese Coffee: For all the coffee-loving moms, this special cup of Joe will soothe Mom’s soul and satisfy her sweet tooth! Made with espresso and chocolate syrup, Viennese coffee is reminiscent of café mocha. Make it signature with toppings like whipped cream, chocolate chips and cocoa powder.
- Fresh Twists on Classic Brunch Beverages: Build a Bloody Mary bar with fun, flavorful toppings like bacon, cheese cubes, pickle spears, shrimp or hot sauce, or whip up classic mimosas. For special “momosas,” use lemonade or pineapple juice in place of traditional orange juice. Sangria is another perfect brunch beverage that’s easy to make in batches. Try our Red Lemon-Lime or Melon Sangrias! Combine the wine and fruit bases the night before, then add the remaining mix-ins right before serving.
- Mother’s Day Mocktail: If Mom doesn’t drink alcohol but wants something fresh and fruity, make her our mocktail, or create your own by mixing sparkling water, seltzer or fruit juices with fresh herbs and fruit. Add flair by garnishing with orange peels, lime wedges, cucumber strips or watermelon slices.
Make a Mom-Worthy Brunch Menu
Try these easy recipes for a flavorful Mother’s Day brunch that comes together in a breeze.
Breakfast Favorites: If traditional breakfast food is the way to Mom’s heart, treat her to a spread of her morning favorites. Make eggs Mom’s preferred way paired with all the breakfast fixings. For a special surprise, whip her up an omelet with her favorite veggies or this hearty Open-Faced Butternut Squash & Kale Omelet.
One-Dish Wonders: One-dish meals make gatherings a little less stressful. Prep them the night before, pop them in the oven in the morning and make any last-minute components while they cook. For one-dish crowd-pleasers, try our Instapot Breakfast Casserole, Bacon, Tomato & Mushroom Strata or Blueberry French Toast Bake.
Mexican for Mother’s Day: Give Mother’s Day brunch Mexican flair with grilled tostadas! These tasty tostadas contain poached eggs, black beans, avocado and feta cheese and are ready in just 15 minutes! Chilaquiles is another Mexican-inspired dish featuring crispy tortilla chips swimming in a rich salsa. Our version spices things up with chorizo and an easy enchilada sauce.
Don’t Forget Dessert: Shower Mom with love and extravagant treats! Round out brunch with a sweet and savory breakfast mashup like these Bacon Stuffed French Toast Rolls, or make bright and fruity Brown Sugar & Peach Parfaits. For a no-bake treat that’s ready in no time, try these Chocolate Tahini Bars or show your love with the ultimate indulgence: Red Velvet Brownies.
While Mom appreciates cards, flowers and food, remember that quality time together is what she cherishes. We hope our simple suggestions make your Mother’s Day brunch memorable!
Visit our Mother’s Day page for recipes, ideas and more!