Guest Post Written By: Tara MahnkSenior Marketing Program Coordinator
December is usually filled with planning and attending numerous parties throughout this festive season. Whether it’s a work function or a family affair, here are some quick and easy appetizer suggestions to fit within your budget:
- Our Bakery Department now offers bagel chips in a convenient 7 oz. package for $1!!! Lay out bagel chips on a platter and top with cream cheese and your choice of our Central Market Classics Major Grey’s or Fruit Chutney, Thai Chili Roasted Garlic Dipping Sauce, or Bruschetta.
- Mix a 16 oz. container of Price Chopper sour cream with a salad dressing packet for a quick dip recipe or add your own seasonings for a unique taste. Dips are great to pair with vegetables, breads, and fruits. Make your own tray by purchasing precut vegetables and fruits. Arrange on a serving dish with your dip and serve.
- If you’re looking for a quick and convenient option for school parties, try our new club pack sizes of our scratch baked Homestyle cookies, nut breads, and crumb cakes from our Bakery Department. They’re only $5! Cut the nut breads and crumb cakes into single serving sizes before serving.
- Price Chopper bagged shrimp from the Seafood Department has a firm snap with a delicious explosion of flavor. It’s a great value as there are no broken pieces in the bag. Remove right from the bag, place on a tray and serve with your favorite cocktail sauce. Garnish with lemon wedges if desired.
- Try our Central Market Classics line of frozen appetizers and desserts if you’re pinched for time. From coconut shrimp, bacon wrapped scallops, and assorted mini quiche to molten lava cake andNew York style cheesecake, there’s an option for even the pickiest of eaters to enjoy.
- Cheese and crackers are always a crowd pleaser. You can purchase pre-cubed cheese to arrange on a platter with your favorite crackers. Stop by the Specialty Cheese kiosk to sample local and international cheeses you may want to add to your platter. If you’re looking for something a little different, try creating your own cheese board to serve with your crackers.
- Arrange Price Chopper pretzels on a cookie sheet and place an unwrapped Rolo candy on top of each pretzel piece. Bake in the oven for 5 minutes at 275 degrees, remove from oven, and press a pecan halve on top of each pretzel. Place in freezer to firm up and serve.
The holidays are a fun time of year to catch up with friends and family while enjoying mouth watering foods and dishes unique to the season. We hope that you’ll try some of these and share with us some of your favorite appetizers! Happy Holidays!