KCC Hot Cocoa Cones by Jodie Fitz
Price Chopper or Market 32 Paper Grocery Bag (or craft paper)
Double sided tape
Holiday wrapping paper
PICS Instant Hot Chocolate Packets
PICS Mini Marshmallows
PICS Snap and seal sandwich size bag
- Create a template on the paper bag or craft paper by flipping a bowl upside down and tracing it with a pencil. The bowl should be a medium sized bowl, approximately 8 “ in diameter. It does not have to be exact.
- Using scissors, cut out the paper circle. Note: You need a paper bag circle for every cone you create; it provides the stability to the cone.
- Lay the paper bag circle on top of wrapping paper, trace a circle and cut it out. Attach the two circles together with double sided tape.
- Draw a pencil circle in the center of each circle.
- Cut out a pie shaped triangular piece like in the video. It will look almost like a Pac-Man character.
- Roll the circle by overlapping the cut pieces until it forms a cone shape. Keep it in position by placing a double-sided piece of tape where the overlap pieces come together.
- Roll the hot chocolate packet and insert it into the cone.
- Fill the snap and seal bag about a third of the way full with mini marshmallows. Release the air before sealing it. Roll the empty end and tuck it into the cone. Tape it into place.
- Cut a square piece of clear cellophane. Place the pointed end of the cone in the center, bring the cellophane up around the cone and tie the top off with a ribbon.
Optional: Add a personal note and share with friends!
Where to Find Everything?
Paper Bags: Reuse a brown paper grocery bag. Or, you can purchase a roll of brown craft paper.
Double sided tape, regular tape, pencils & scissors: You can find these in the school supply aisle.
Holiday wrapping paper, cellophane and ribbon: You can find these items in the seasonal aisle, and also the greeting card section at Price Chopper/Market 32.
Hot Cocoa Packets: This is typically located in the coffee and tea aisle.
Mini Marshmallows: Typically found in the baking aisle.