The beauty of summer is now surrounding us. From the full, bright green trees to colorful flowers planted on the lawns of our neighbors and local businesses, there is so much to smile about. If you are interested in adding some summer fun to your lawn, you have come to the right place. We have a few tips on how to make the outside of your home look fabulous, one plant at a time. While this will require some work and patience, you will be thrilled by the outcome.
- Do Some Research: What type of flowers or plants are you interested in having outside your home? Hanging plants? Flowers that must be physically planted? Having an idea of what you are looking for will help before you go shopping.
- Clear the Ground: If you chose hanging flowers, then water them and you are all set! However, if you bought potted plants, it is time to get started. Make sure all weeds and rocks are fully removed from the ground.
- Measure Where to Plant: It is important to set the plants down to get an idea of where you want your plants and how far apart they should be placed.
- Start Planting: Smooth soil with a rake before planting. Once completed, dig a hole the same length as the container the plant was in. Once the plant is in, fill with the soil you just dug out.
- Time to water: Water at the base of your plants and then add bark mulch. This will help retain the water moisture.
We hope your new plants bring some beautiful color to your yard!