It's Bacon Day!
Happy National Bacon Day to all our bacon-lovers out there! At Price Chopper and Market 32, we carry a large variety of bacon, including turkey bacon and plant-based bacon. We have an option for everyone. Whether you enjoy your scrambled eggs with a side of bacon or include it on your sandwiches, you can never go wrong with bacon’s delicious taste to add to any meal.
Fun facts about bacon!
- Bacon has its own Day – December 30th!
- Bacon is cut from a pig’s side or belly.
- More than two billion pounds of bacon is produced each year in the United States!
- The average American consumes 18 pounds of bacon a year!
- The country of Denmark consumes the most bacon each year.
- Turkey bacon is made by grinding up turkey meat, adding seasonings, and forming into bacon strips.
Want to try some new recipes that contain bacon? Check out the section below!
Spiced-Maple Bacon: Four-ingredient maple bacon? We think YES! Be careful though – this may become a serious fan-favorite in your household!
Penne with Vodka Sauce & Turkey Bacon: Pasta, red sauce, parmesan cheese, basil, and bacon – what a fantastic combo!
Jalapeño Popper Pizza: Looking to add some pop to your pizza night? Try this delicious homemade Jalapeño Popper Pizza with cut-up bacon!
Ricotta Toast Bowl: Give yourself a fresh start to the day with this hearty Ricotta Toast Bowl!
Happy National Bacon Day!